Top 10 Things I’ve Learned From BT
Today is my husband’s birthday, so as a way of celebrating him I thought it would be fun to let you all know some of the things I’ve learned from him through the years. God broke the mold when he made Brian and I’m proud to share my life with him. God has used him to change me forever and here are some of the things, both great and small, that have impacted my life.
Top 10 Things I’ve Learned From BT:
10. The importance of snacks on a long trip (or a short trip). Many of you know that we travel quite a bit with Tabor Ministries, but what you may not know is that we always travel with BT’s snack bin. The first time he brought it out to the car, my eyes bugged out! He covers it all from sweet candy to salty chips and everything in between. He is truly a snacker and his snack bin is legendary!
9. How to throw a good party. BT LOVES parties, especially surprise parties. As a matter of fact, he’s thrown me 4 since I’ve known him, including one for my last birthday which just happened to be a milestone. I love that about him.
8. The importance of knowing the real names of tv and movie characters. That also goes for one-liners from movies, especially comedies. He can tell you the real name of every actor or actress that was in any tv show or movie that he’s seen and his knowledge of movie one-liners is astonishing. Why is that important? Because you never know when you will need that kind of vital information. Does anyone know who Fred Gwynne is? BT does!
7. How to be a true “student of human moves.” Many of you may not know this, but BT does great impersonations. He WILL NOT…I repeat, He WILL NOT do them on demand, so don’t even ask. I’ll probably get in trouble for even mentioning this one, but it’s one of the funniest things he does. He gets a kick out of studying people and figuring out what makes them tick. He does a great impersonation of my dad!
6. How to make a GREAT fried bologna sandwich. I had never had the privilege of having one before I met Brian. Those sandwiches have changed my life! 🙂
5. How to live on “Tabor Time.” If you’ve been invited to a party and the party begins at 7 pm you may think you will be on time of you arrive promptly at 7, but you would be wrong. You need to arrive at 6:45 pm to be on time according to “Tabor Time.” “On time” is code for “15 minutes early.” 🙂
4. How to assign a good nickname. If you are a male and you are in BT’s life on a regular basis, chances are he has a nickname for you. It’s one of his specialties and he has quite a gift in this area. There’s TJ, Judy, Frenchie, Hoss, the Hammer, the Brazilian Express, and Nugget… just to name a few. Each name is assigned with much love and great thought.
3. The importance of remembering that “everything comes into the light.” I’m a person that likes things to be fair. I also like to voice the truth in someone’s defense when I feel something wrong has occurred. I don’t have much patience in this area. At times that works, but at other times it doesn’t. Brian is very quick to remind me that the truth will always eventually come out. EVERYTHING comes into the light in due time.
2. How to worship God from the depths of my heart with passion. I grew up in the Lutheran denomination and Brian grew up in the Assemblies of God. Need I say more? Worship was never a big part of my life until I met Brian. When we started dating I was listening to Bon Jovi (which I still love) while he was listening to Praise and Worship CDs (or cassettes). He opened my eyes to an area I knew nothing about. He has taught me so much about how to pour my heart and soul out to God not only through music, but also in the dailiness of my life. I’m forever grateful for the imprint he has made on my life in this area.
1. Most importantly, I’ve learned how to love by being loved by him. Brian takes his role as my husband very seriously. He always says he wants our marriage to flourish, not just survive and puts actions behind those words. He’s constantly thinking about what he can do to enhance my life and our lives together. He shows me his love in countless ways each day and also tells me on a regular basis what I mean to him. He has a quiet strength and on many occasions he has been my emotional rock – the steady, consistent one that I can count on. He’s also not afraid to show his emotional side and the depth of his heart overwhelms me at times. He has taught me how to love, by loving me well.
These are just a few of the reasons I love Brian Tabor. He is truly my gift.
Happy Birthday, Sweetie! I love you with all my heart!